Marine Insurance Brokers
R.C.S BORDEAUX B 387 594 963
S.A.S with capital of € 500.000
Registered address: Rue Cervantès – Mérignac
ORIAS N°: 07 000 647 www.orias.fr.
VAT number: FR 2038759496300028
The company, in its capacity as insurance broker operating in accordance with b) of article L520-1-2 of the insurance code, has no contractual exclusivity obligation; the list of suppliers with whom it works is available on simple request.
The company has no capitalist link with an insurance company.
Its activity is placed under the control of the ACPR (Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution – 4 Place de Budapest – CS 92459 – 75 436 Paris Cedex 09).
Telephone number: 05 57 53 20 00
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Filhet-Allard Group has at the heart of its concerns the principle of respect for the obligations resulting from the new European regulation on data protection known as “GDPR” and thus confirms its implication in relation to the protection of personal data.
Conscious of its responsibility, the Filhet-Allard Group undertakes to guarantee the protection and confidentiality of the personal data that the company processes in connection with the services that it offers to its clients.
What personal data can we collect?
Being responsible for processing, Filhet-Allard Maritime is likely in the context of its activity, to collect and process the following personal data:
- Personal information (surname, first name, address, e-mail, telephone numbers, status, position, link with the insured…).
- Financial information (bank account number, financing bank…).
- Information linked to the insurance policy.
- Information on actions for indemnification in progress, which may include medical data and Social Security number.
- Data linked to the fight against fraud.
We use personal data in the context:
- Of a request for contact.
- Of a request to produce a commercial offer.
- Of the conclusion, management and execution of our contract with the client.
- Of the processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (legal or fiscal obligations, fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism, against corruption, against fraud …).
- Of data analysis with the aim of producing statistical information for placement.
- Of cookies, used to obtain information in your computer enabling us to adapt our services to your needs and for statistical purposes by collecting your site connection information.
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of the personal data obtained and never to transmit these data for commercial purposes. If we should need to use your data for a purpose that is different from those listed above, we will update our confidentiality policy with the new purpose and, if necessary, we will request the consent of those involved to process the personal data for this new purpose.
Data collection and processing rely on at least one of the following lawful basis:
- Intention to or execution of contract (linked to the insurance policy).
- Compliance with statutory obligations.
- Consent you may have provided so as to use your data for the purposes described in the consent request.
Do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data only with those recipients who need to know them:
- Those responsible for handling the contract throughout its life.
- Insurers, possible joint brokers and other commercial partners.
- Companies affiliated with the Group in the context of the exercise of their tasks and their service providers (sub-contractors) selected and contractually committed to respecting the group’s security and confidentiality measures.
- The controlling, administrative or judicial authorities.
In the context of the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism, the drawing up of a declaration of suspicion or a freezing measure may be carried out in application of the monetary and finance Code.
We do not in any way lend or cede our clients’ personal data to third parties for their own commercial use.
As a result of the international dimension of Filhet-Allard Maritime, the transfer of personal data for the purposes described above may take place between member or non-member countries of the European Economic Space. In this case, we will employ mechanisms guaranteeing an appropriate level of protection for these data.
What are the security measures?
The Filhet-Allard Group has put in place physical, logical and electronic protection measures and procedures adapted to the risks and the level of sensitivity of the information that we retain and process. Our measures are also intended to protect personal data against any unauthorised access and, we limit access to these data to authorised persons subject to confidentiality clauses requiring access for legitimate, legal, professional purposes.
How long do we keep personal data?
Filhet-Allard Maritime keeps the personal data collected for an appropriate period, proportionate to the processing purposes, in accordance with the requirements of the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) in order to comply with its legal and statutory obligations.
Your personal data are kept throughout the duration of the contract and, in the case of cancellation of the latter, until the legal time limit.
Medical information is kept for the period necessary for the execution of the covers and the contract, then for the period of the legal time limit.
In any event, data necessary to comply with a legal or statutory obligation or a suspicion of fraud will be filed for the time required.
What are your rights?
In accordance with the data protection law dated 6 January 1978 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have a right of access, correction, deletion, data portability, to withdraw your consent, to object or restrict processing and define the way you want these rights to be processed after death.
These rights may be the subject of waivers in order to protect the public interest or our interests. We will respond to requests within a period of 30 to 60 days.
In order to exercise your rights (after establishing your identity) or submit your questions relating to our policy, you can contact the data protection officer at Filhet-Allard Maritime by sending us an email or letter to the following address, establishing your identity:
Rue Cervantès – Mérignac
33735 Bordeaux Cedex 9
Email : email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a claim with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL – 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07).
A cookie is a piece of information contained in a very small text file that is stored in your Internet browser or elsewhere on your hard drive.
So as to disable the collect and use of your data through cookies, you can click on the following link opt-out Google Analytics.
You can also control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences:
- If you are using Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” in the menu bar and then click on “Internet Options” > Click on “Privacy” Tab on top > Move the slider up to the “Block all the Cookies” setting.
- If you are using Firefox: Go to “Tools” in the menu bar and then click on “Options” > Click on “Privacy Tab” > Disable the box that says “Tell websites I do not want to be tracked”.
- If you are using Google Chrome: Go to “Tools Menu” > Click on “Settings” > Click on “Advanced Settings” > Click on “Privacy/Content Settings” > “Cookies” should be selected. Once done select “Block third party cookies and site data”.
- If you are using Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences and click “Security > In the “Accept Cookies” section, specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites.
HANDLING OF COMPLAINTS
In order to make a complaint other than relating to the exercise of your rights in the context of the afore-mentioned processing of personal data, you must send your complaint in writing (email, letter) to your dedicated contact:
- The latter will acknowledge receipt within a MAXIMUM of 10 days with effect from the date of the complaint and will give a response within a MAXIMUM of 2 months.
If the response provided to you is not acceptable, you may, in a second phase, inform the Complaints Department, in writing:
- The latter will acknowledge receipt within a MAXIMUM of 10 days with effect from the date of his email and will provide a response within a MAXIMUM of 2 months.
Rue Cervantès – Mérignac
33735 Bordeaux Cedex 9
CONSERVATION OF DOCUMENTS
The documents related to your complaint are safeguarded for 5 years from the date of receipt
OUR COMPANY HAS NOT MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, WHAT IS YOUR RECOURSE?
However, if no solution has been found, you can subsequently call the French Insurance Ombudsman. This association provides a free amicable settlement resolution for conflicts between an insured and an insurer or an insurance intermediary.
To do so, you must send a complete file containing all relevant information and documentation useful for its examination to the following address:
La Médiation de l’Assurance
TSA 50 110
75 441 Paris Cedex 09
You can also seize the French Insurance Ombudsman by their webpage at: